Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Not Sleeping Again

I hate to admit it, but I'm back to not sleeping again. 
Last week was fine, but starting sometime this past weekend my sleep schedule got thrown off and I was having trouble falling asleep.  Generally, unless there's a noise problem, once I fall asleep I'm fine, but it's the falling first that has gotten me in trouble.  The last four nights or so I've gone to bed around my usual time, but ended up laying there until at least two in the morning. 
The last couple of days people have been asking me if I'm alright.  Elizabeth told me at dinner last night I looked sad, and I know I haven't been talking as much.  Those of you who have been my friends know how much I like to talk to people, but I honestly don't feel like it, and for the most part, I can't think of anything I want to talk about.
I suspect I look bad too, given how much people have been asking me if I'm okay. 
I just don't know how to fix this, because I would have already.  Last night while I was eating dinner I realized how tired I was, but it was early and I wanted to set myself back on my normal routine, so I decided to stay up until my usual sleep time.  And then when I got to that time, it was just like the last few nights where I couldn't sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eliza. You've got me worried.

    Personally I always think, if you are eating healthily, exercising regularly, that is important you know, and trying to get through a normal day, everything will work itself out. If things are on your mind there is nothing like reading a big fat novel before you go to bed or even some poetry.Also talk to somebody if you need to.

    If you are affected by a virus, you just have to put up with it until it gets through your system. Doing all those other things helps though.

    All the best,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would conclude I'm sick but I'm not showing any other symptoms. I am trying, but I've read we have a natural cycle and I just tend to get thrown off. October, November and most of December was fine, so I don't know what it is.

    ReplyDelete