Friday, January 7, 2011

Update on Grandma

I have some good news on my Grandma.  She's got a new aide and she's one of my older friends, Alex.  My Mom says that Alex is really good with her, and I'm glad.  Alex is the kind of person who would find my Grandma's antics and attitude more funny than awful, and I suspect that no matter what happens now, Alex will understand intimately what my family has been going through. 
My Mom did need confuse Alex with Kris, another old friend.  Kris loved trees, and anytime she saw a tree she really liked (which was frequently) she would go up and hug it.  About ten years ago we were walking along the river on campus, and she was hugging nearly every tree we passed.  When I walk down that path, I think about her, remembering how excited she was for these trees. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh! we do a lot of hugging of trees over here, Eliza. Very friendly things.

    Have you ever thought about what a tree does for you?

    Glad to hear you have found somebody to help with your grandma. You have got the right person by the sounds of it.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete