Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thank God It's Over

Today at work was just terrible.  There wasn't anything really bad about it, but I got strangely sad and started thinking about all the things I need to fix now.  I teared up a couple of times as I was working on a computer.  I'm really grateful that my back was to the door, so I didn't have to look at anyone when they looked in at me. 
Near the end of the day, I got moved to another computer.  I finished up the project I was working on and then started looking at another one for next week.  I hate to bring work home with me, but honestly, I probably will end up doing a little of it over the weekend, just to get it over with. 
We have a couple of new people around.  One is named Kenya, who I met today.  He seemed fine, but when we were introduced, it was awkward, because even though I heard we were getting new people, I knew nothing about them.  Usually when I meet people I try to make polite chitchat, but my mind went blank.  Not even stressful blank, like apathetic blank.  Awkward. 
The other new guy, Hunter, hugged one of the other coworkers before he left.  Okay, I guess they know each other. 
Right when I was leaving, I got some bad news.  My ex-boss isn't coming back.  I kind of guessed, because it's been so long since I've seen her.  No one will tell me exactly what's wrong.  I don't think anyone realized she informed me that she had cists on her ovaries that burst.  I want to know what happened once she went on medical leave.  Obviously, since she's not returning, the answer is not good enough to make working again possible. 
I'm really sad about this because I liked her, and I didn't know her well, but I thought she would make a cool sister type.  (I am always looking for sisters and brothers.)  I liked that she was so talkative, and after she left, and it got really quiet, I missed it even more.  I somedays go so long without talking that I stumble over my words when I finally do.  (Today I struggled with the word "package.")

No comments:

Post a Comment