Friday, January 14, 2011

Sequels

Was reading a pop culture blog today and came across this post that discussed sequels.  I love that the post described sequels as each being uniquely idiotic.  I find that really funny, because that's how I think of so many people I went to high school as.  They were idiots, but each in fairly different ways from each other, though I guess if I thought of it, I could put them into categories of stupidity. 
Back to the issue at hand: Mostly, it said, sequels are bad, and there's even a graph that proves it.  (We're so mathy about things.  So many people organize their lives in terms of graphs.)  I really take umbrage with putting The Silence of the Lambs as only slightly better than the original.  I love that movie; it could easily stand on its own as a well-played thriller. 

No comments:

Post a Comment