Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dinner with Mikey

I was having one of those days were nothing much happens.  After getting up from a nap, I started getting ready for my dinner with Mikey. 
I haven't seen Mikey since May and I fell upon my old problem: should I wear makeup or not?  I'm loathe to wear it, but I look so bad normally, and even though Mikey is so cool about stuff, what if he's had a personality job recently and isn't the same person? 
Luckily, when I saw him, it was pretty clear he hadn't changed.  I made fun of him for dressing like a hipster, and we were off, just like old times.
He told me all about what he was doing.  He just got a job offer, and he thinks he's going to take it.  He told me how much he likes his current job, and all the cool new friends he's made, and about his roommates Patrick (who's boyfriend is in South Africa) and Jennifer (who is "a hot mess.")  He talked about how glad he was to see me, since he's been missing his old friends.
He said he wanted to hang out some more, just like Emily did.  I guess now I'm going to have to come up with some cool stuff to do. 
I love the hugs I've been getting lately.  When I was younger, I wasn't into touching people, but now that I'm older, a hug from an old friend feels so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment