Saturday, June 5, 2010

Vincent D'Onofrio, Celebrity Boyfriend

One of the many things I occasionally tell people (jokingly) is that I have a celebrity boyfriend. As a teenager, I dated Robert Sean Leonard, then James Marsters and David Duchovny at the same time. (Shhh...they still don't know I was two timing them!) Two years ago, I was dating David Tennant. Then I had a torrid with Vik Sahay. Last summer I dated Lee Pace and then Devon Gummersall. And then I swore to myself I was going to stop joking about this subject and not have anymore imaginary celebrity boyfriends, because people never took it as I was hoping them to: as a parody of crazy girls who actually think they have celebrity boyfriends but have never even been near a D-lister.
Whenever I promise myself something like this, I always manage to break it. No matter how hard I try.
This time, I made a joke about my celebrity boyfriend being Vincent D'Onofrio.I know, I know: he's almost thirty years older than me. And he's married. Most of my straight female friends would complain that he's not even hot. Nate in particular would be horrified, since he hates that flavor of Law and Order. But I still love him. I probably shouldn't have made any jokes about him, but I so frequently can't help myself.
I think I just have a thing for smart men, and he plays a smart man, so of course I'm going to be attracted to that. Obviously, if you've seen my ex-boyfriends, it's clear I could give a damn about physical appearance and don't. So maybe it's not all that bad that I'm lusting after this. Could be wasting my time with idiots.

2 comments:

  1. Vincent not hot? You might as well say that ice is not cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. But I suspect what makes him hot (to me) is how smart his character and performance on Criminal Intent are. But, like I said, I should probably not make jokes about it. Almost no one ever gets it.

    ReplyDelete