Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Techno Logic

I was in the car with my Mom tonight, which happens to have one of those satellite radios.  I got onto a techno station and she was like "Oh, I really like this."
Really? I thought.  I mean, I like most techno, but my Mom is not really the type.  Also, she's really old. 
But after thinking about it for a while, it does make some sense.  My Mom really likes Earth, Wind and Fire, and funk in general, and techno has lots of funk influences.  So I guess it does make sense, though I suspect it's the sort of thing I could tell people and they would be surprised.  Kind of like my Dad's love of My Sweet Sixteen.  It doesn't make sense, until you remember how much he likes to hate on ungrateful children.  Which is probably related to at least one of the many reasons we don't get on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment