Monday, May 17, 2010

People, I'm Here. Really.

Kevin texted me tonight as I was watching Jeopardy.  I thought maybe it might be Paul, since the two of us used to watch the show on occasion, but no.  I haven't talked to Paul since graduation. 
But talking to Kevin was nice.  He told me about work and his boyfriend. 
And now I see that Nate left me a message.
I'm so relieved that someone wants to talk to me.  I've been a little lonely, as embarrassed as I am to admit that.  I think it's mostly the stress of having to take care of my (almost-died-but-my-family-lied-to-me-about-it) Grandma. 
When I was a teenager and got really depressed, I shut myself off from everyone.  I didn't want to talk to everyone; being forced to interact with people at school, church, extracurriculars, etc. wasn't fulfilling anyone.  (But then again nothing was.  All I wanted to do was disappear into oblivion.) 
Now, of course, the situations different: I'm in a forced isolation to do what's right and missing people a lot.  
So, hey, if you're out there, keep those messages coming.  I'm quite at my leisure.  I'm willing to talk about anything with my friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment