Saturday, May 22, 2010

Dinner with Dad

Last night I went out to dinner with my Dad at this bistro down the road from where we live. It was mostly nice. It's a fairly new place, but there were a fair amount of people there, and there was even a man playing covers of classic rock songs. ("You can't always get what you want...")
I had fish, even though what I really wanted is steak. We have very little meat in our house. The caf spoiled me terribly, and I often find myself craving something higher in protein. This is especially ironic, since my Mom believes my lack of protein is why I have such terrible hair.
Mostly, my Dad talked to me about plans for the future. That's all anyone can talk to me about these days. It's sort of frustrating, since I'm already bored with my future.
He wants me to retake the GRE, since he thinks it's the best way I can guarantee getting into grad school. Maybe. I suspect it has less to do with me and more to do with money.
I noticed that one of the waiters was watching me from his seat at the bar. Seriously, boys, I can tell when someone is watching me and trying for me to not notice. Don't bother hiding it.

No comments:

Post a Comment