Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sense and Scandal

If my morning post didn't already tell you, I've been in sort of a sour mood lately. There's a lot of stressful stuff going around lately, and in an effort not to bore you, I've been trying to keep it to myself.
I ended up watching Sense and Sensibility with my Dad tonight. (The 1995 version, natch.) It was on tv, and I knew that I shouldn't watch it, because it would just make me sad, but I did. My Dad came in midway through and started teasing me about it.
I really think I'm going to have to write real person fanfic on this movie, because I imagine there was a lot of drama going on. I read that Emma Thompson, who wrote the film, nearly lost the screenplay on her computer. She took a cab, in London, to Hugh Laurie's place and begged him and Stephen Fry to fix her computer. (It had to have been a desktop, given that it was the early 90s.) I can just imagine Laurie's and Fry's faces as she explained to them what happened. Lol.
Also, Thompson was married to Kenneth Branagh, but their relationship fell apart in 1995, around the time of this movie. And now Thompson is married to one of her co-stars, Greg Wise. It's hard not to think about what might have been going on...

No comments:

Post a Comment