Monday, November 29, 2010

Someone's Got Nice Pipes


Today, I came across this great set of videos depicting a young man who makes PVC instruments on Popwatch.  There are a lot of DIY instruments out there and I absolutely love them.  It takes so much more just to learn an instrument, let alone one that you actually made yourself.  If I had the time (and probably a lot of help) I'd love to build things like this. 
The other fun thing about these videos is that you have to guess what the songs are.  These PVC pipe covers of songs have a nice quality.  I would love to hear these pipes being used with other (traditional or DIY) instruments.  Or you, know, if this guy released a CD on bandcamp, I would totally check that out too. 


Among other things, this video has a much clearer sound.  The cover of "I Just Can't Wait to be King" sounds particularly great.  The instrument fits well for this kind of song. 

2 comments:

  1. "Nice set of pipes!!!"

    Oh very good Eliza.

    You are beginning to acquire an English wit and sense of humour with innuendo like that. A comment like that is very East End of London (Cockney).

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Really? Thanks very much. I was thinking of it as more of a Jane Austen thing, but I am more than happy to hear I'm becoming an East Ender. :)

    ReplyDelete