Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Not My Morning

This has not been my morning.  I got up early this morning and was greeted with technology problems, namely, my MP3 player will not play anything.  Or change its screen.  It's frozen.  I've only relatively recently gotten this thing, and I'm a little afraid that I've already managed to destroy it.  (What if I can't get it to work?  I still haven't managed to fix it yet.) 
Then after breakfast, I managed to get myself locked out.  So I had to take the elevator down to the lobby and ask for a spare key.  This would be fine if the elevator didn't take so long to go anywhere. 
As I was getting down to the lobby, one of the scary women was hanging about.  I call her scary because her hair is always crazy, she wears the same t-shirt for days in a row, and has a tendency to sit in the lobby for what appears to be hours, looking around confused.  I've also never heard her talk, just make grunting sounds.  She got on the elevator after I got off of it. 
I have two keys, one for my place and another for my mailbox.  I accidentally grabbed the one for my mailbox instead of the one I needed.  So I took the opportunity to open my mailbox (which I haven't checked in over a week) and found two letters from Josie inside. 
I got the spare key and waited another couple of minutes for the elevator.  It was early and no one else was around.  I opened Josie's letters and briefly scanned them.  No real news in them, just nice thoughts.  Then I happened to turn around and another woman was watching me.  She doesn't usually make me wonder, but I found myself thinking about how both creepy and annoying this morning had been. 
As we were riding the elevator up, we stopped at a floor and the scary woman got into the elevator, making a few grunts in the process.  And then she got off on the same floor as someone else.  I'm starting to wonder, since I've just seen her get off various floors based on when other people are getting off if she knows where she needs to go.  Though maybe she just needs to sit down.  She has one of those walkers that has a bench built in, but she is a little bigger, so maybe she doesn't fit into it? 
Finally got my place open and found my key was right where I imagined it was.  Returned the key back to the lobby and then considered how I already managed to have two screw ups today.  So I decided to nap, since I didn't have work until later.
And then I had a really strange dream involving JJ from Criminal Minds.  In it, she was living in this gigantic mansion (which makes no sense, considering her probable income) and then someone was threatening to kill her baby.  And for some reason it turned out to be three Goth witches who showed up to the house, who I picked a fight with almost immediately.  It doesn't really make sense to me either.
I'm hoping the rest of the day goes well, just because I'm still stressed about the disaster that is my MP3 player. 

No comments:

Post a Comment