Sunday, November 7, 2010

Riddle Me This

I have a love/hate relationship with riddles.  Two Nerd History Girls recently posted some riddles from a  woman's magazine.
As I was reading through them, I thought about how crossword puzzles have a distinctive style of clues, and how interesting it would be if someone made these riddles the clues for a crossword, so that it was a unique crossword in that it had an unusual style of clues.  Maybe if I have time I'll make one?  (Once the ladies post answers, since it's too late for me to figure most of these out and I'm supposed to be studying right now anyway.)
On a related note, women's magazines are really fascinating.  And not always as different from the modern variety.  I don't know if anyone's done this yet, but an online archive of them might be a lot of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment