Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Skipping Work

I woke up today feeling okay.  My ears still hurt a little, and I'm a little tired and stuffy, and my throat's still sore, but everything today felt better than it did yesterday. 
And then I looked at my phone, which I use as an alarm, and realized it had died on me sometime in the night.  I had forgotten to charge it.  I feel like such a moron. 
When I finally figured out the time, I had less then ten minutes to get to work, and there was no way, still in my pajamas, that I was going to make it on time. 
I emailed Alexander and said that I wasn't coming in because I was sick, but that I was hopeful about tomorrow. 
I'm feeling a little guilty about this, even though I really shouldn't, because I haven't missed a day of work or school in about seven or eight years, and usually go even when I am sick.  But I still do, because, if I had gotten up in time, I would have probably been okay today.  That said, I'm going to try to get some extra rest today so I am 100 percent tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment