Monday, March 14, 2011

Breakfast, Then Bed

I should have realized last night, when I woke up with a sore throat, that I was sick.  But instead I rolled over and fell back asleep.
When I got up this morning I felt awful.  I had a headache, the insides of my ears hurt, I was stuffy, my throat was still sore, and I was tired. 
But I went to breakfast anyway. 
I was honestly hoping just to get in and out of breakfast as quickly as possible, maybe drinking an extra cup of orange juice so I would feel better.  Baw. 
Anna decided she wanted to sit with me.  I told her I was sick, hoping to deter her, but it didn't. 
What I should have said was that I didn't have the stamina to have a polite conversation.  Anna's okay, but I get the feeling nothing is going on in her brain, or at least nothing worth mentioning.  She has sort of this weird voice.  I get the feeling she is trying to imitate a Valley girl, but mostly it just comes out as really annoying.  And she laughs at like everything.  I was not in the mood to deal with her, but I was trying to be nice. 
Part of the reason I don't spend time with Anna is because she has nothing to really say.  She just complains about school or talks clothes, and I would rather die than hear her complain about a teacher.  When people I respect critique a teacher, I consider it, especially if I've never had that teacher.  When someone who strikes me as mindless does, I'm suspicious. 
Sharon recently complained to me about how stupid people are around here, and for a long time I wanted to believe better, but she's kind of got a point.  There are only a few standout people who are really bright or interesting; so many other people are dull. 
Tamar came over to sit with us briefly too, and she talked about this Healthy Snack Week we have going on.  Basically, they're giving away free "healthy" snacks, though Tamar complained that cranberry juice wasn't that healthy.  Tamar is always in a rush in the morning so she left pretty quickly. 
Finally, I got away from Anna.  I spent all weekend not seeing or talking to people at meals, and then today, the morning I wake up, one of the people that would actually sit with me and irk me chooses to. 
I went back to bed after breakfast. 

No comments:

Post a Comment