Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Failing Lavvy

I feel like such a failure.
I told Lavvy that if she wanted to go to "the authorities" and complain, I would back her up, and, since Ruth was there, I knew she would back Lavvy up too. Lavvy said she wasn't sure, since she didn't want to start a conflict.
Of course, the conflict has already started when that woman spoke to her that way.
Lavvy told me that, since she's moved here, she feels "tolerated, but not welcomed." That's pretty awful, and I didn't know she felt that way. I've tried my best to be nice to her, and I do genuinely like her. We have a lot in common.
Lavvy also mentioned that Faith had said that she was worried about a few women treating her badly before this incident happened, which makes me wonder what has happened before, and if it involved this same woman.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eliza, I've been busy lately so not been around.

    What's this thing with Lavvy? Is it a racist issue?

    All the best,
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sort of sounds like it from my post. No, Lavvy is disabled, and someone discriminated aganist her a few days ago. It really hurt her.

    ReplyDelete