Sunday, March 6, 2011

Meanwhile, Back at Home...

My Mom called tonight three different times.  I didn't really mind, but it was sort of strange because we sometimes go a long time without speaking to each other, not because we're fighting or anything, but just because she's so busy. 
Among other things, the basement is apparently flooded.  Or flooding right now.  It was a little hard to tell, and from the way my Mom was talking, she was clearly upset about it.  She spent a ton of time last week cleaning the basement up, and now it's managed to be a mess in a totally different way, and I can understand why that would be frustrating.  She started sobbing a little on the phone.  I hate hearing her cry, not because I'm angry at her crying but because I wish the things that made her cry would disappear.  I want her to be happy.  She didn't cry for more than a minute and then she pulled herself together to continue the conversation. 
Also upsetting her is that my Dad was asked to help take care of the flooding while she took care of some business she had to do, and he apparently did nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment