Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Trouble with Mimi

At church today, I saw Mimi.  She was sitting way ahead of me.  I saw her before, at Thanksgiving, but I didn't draw attention to myself then either.  She was sitting alone, as I was.  She may have seen me pass by her when I went up to the altar.  I hope not, honestly, because I'd generally like just to stay out of her way. 
About three and a half hours later, I wandered into the laundry room.  There's a tv in one of the corners of the room, and I noted that Lady Gaga was on the screen, singing and dancing.  I stopped briefly to watch.  I was just going to watch what was probably a quick number and then leave the room. 
I heard someone say something indistinguishable behind me.  I turned around.  There was Mimi, standing there at the table in the center of the room, clothes on the table.  She scared me a little, since I didn't even notice her in the room. 
"What?" I asked.
"They're watching it in the other room," she said.  I stared blankly at her.  "You can watch it in here or you can watch it with the other girls, it doesn't matter to me."
It dawned on me that she was probably referring to a room down the hallway where people like to watch tv sometimes.  She was saying that they were watching the same program. 
"Thank you," I said, and walked out. 
I get the distinct impression that Mimi doesn't like me one bit.  I find her disagreeable, but I'd honestly just rather avoid her.  She's difficult to be around, and last week she apparently made Mary Kay cry.  I find that unacceptable, as Mary Kay is so terribly sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment