Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Return of Ruth

Today at lunch I was happy to discover that Ruth was back.  We had a good time chatting with one another. 
I told her that I had missed her very much.  "I talked about Bernie Maddow with the girls a couple of days ago, and they very politely listened," I said, pausing for effect.  "And then changed the subject." 
Ruth laughed.  "They must not realize what kind of clothes he designs."  This, in turn, made me laugh. 
"I think," she said, carrying on, "that being like this makes us unfit for general company.  I was hanging out with a bunch of history post-graduates, and the conversations revolved around things like Kennedy's Education Reforms." 
I don't know how much I would want to talk about that.  To be honest, I don't really know much about that. 
This got us talking about what some of our mutual friends do like, including the Bachelor.  "Doesn't anyone realize what a jerk he is?" Ruth asked. 
It's so good to have her back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment