Thursday, October 28, 2010

Research Work

Work today was mostly uneventful.  Jocelyn had left me an email with the directions to print out two copies of a file for her, which I did.  I noticed after I did it that it had been sent to print four pages onto one page, which made everything small, but since that was the way the file was set, I didn't mess with it.  And then I left it on her desk.
Then I continued on my research of a particular project.  After a while, Jocelyn came in and said she wanted them to be one page on one page, so I changed the files settings and printed out another two copies.  The file was at least 200 pages, so this was a massive print job.  I was half expecting the printer to run out of paper, or if I was really unlucky, ink.  I feel a little bad about it because I hate wasting paper on anything, and I managed to do that unintentionally. 
Then I sat down and worked through more research.  And that was my entire day. 
This job is nice, but sometimes really isolating.  Also, I need to get busy because people are going to ask what the heck I'm doing all the time.  (At this point it looks like not much, but this is one of those things where it looks like nothing right near the end.) 
The boss wasn't in today at all, which is too bad, because I like talking to her. 
Also, everyone else left early today, so I just let myself out fifteen minutes early.  People here are pretty loose on schedules and you know when people are leaving because it's customary to say goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment