Saturday, October 16, 2010

Laundry Day

Today has been one of those days about doing what I am supposed to be doing and not just having my usual amount of fun.  Which means that, among other things, I had to do laundry today.
I actually like being alone in the laundry place, usually reading a book.  I kind of like the excuse for a little quiet.
After the end of the drying cycle, I took the big blanket I was cleaning out and wrapped it around me.  I seem to recall my Mom putting my clothes in the dryer in the window right before school and then making me change right before I left, meaning I was getting into warm clothes.  I'm sitting here now, all snuggled up in this big warm blanket. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice to know you wash your clothes, Eliza.

    Did you ever watch the Levi Straus adverts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ones featuring the poetry of Whitman? Yes, I've seen those and liked them far more than I usually like Whitman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I meant the 501 advert with Nick Kamen in the Launderette. Marvin Gaye's, Heard it on the Grapevine, is playing in the background.

    It was the launderette connection I was thinking of.

    Sorry, I've got a stupid sense of humour sometimes. I think it was 1985.

    ReplyDelete