Sunday, October 3, 2010

Almost Perfect

I'm posting this little video here because it seems a little too...well, perfect.  As most of you know, I'm a feminist.  And I love music that is about empowering women.
"I don't want to look like you, because you're too perfect" could sum up my feelings about a lot of girls I was around in high school.  I don't know what it is about college, but after a certain point you're too busy to notice anyone else.  Or at least I was.
The only umbrage I take with this is that the young woman singing the song is the epitome of modern female beauty.  If this song was being sung by someone who didn't somehow fit the mold, I might like it a little better.
So, really, if the Donnas or some angry grrrl band could cover this, I'd be much more in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment