Saturday, October 30, 2010

All Hallow's Eve

Sometimes, even on holidays, my plans fall apart on me.  This morning I was invited to go have cocktails with some friends, including Ruth.  Because some other friends and I were talking about going to see Rocky Horror, I declined.  And when those plans with the latter didn't happen, I was sad I didn't say something to Ruth.  Not that I am fond of cocktails, but I do enjoy the occassional drink, and I was thinking an amaretto sour was in order for tonight. 
So, planless tonight on All Hallow's Eve, I've decided to enjoy myself anyway.  The hell if I'm going to be completely without fun. 
But as all my other friends were already out, I found myself struggling for what exactly to do.  I don't like drinking alone and I don't like going out to drink alone as I suspect that is asking for attention I don't want.  But what?
Scary movies.  It's Hallow's Eve, yeah?
I don't ususally think of myself as a horror fan, but recently I was thinking of what I watch, and I realize that I do watch a lot of horror stuff.  I think I got into it because I like science fiction and there's a fair amount of crossover.  And, in general, I like genre stuff. 
Tonight's playlist:
1. "The Five People You Meet in Hell" from The Night Stalker
Tony Curran totally sells this episode playing a blind cult leader with mind control powers.  (His makeup, especially the eyes, helps too.)  Stuart Townsend and Gabrielle Union are their adorable selves. 
2. "Lonliest Number" from The Inside.
So many good actors on this show (Adam Baldwin, Katie Finneran, Neslan Ellis, Peter Coyote) makes this short-lived series a good idea just in general.  This particular episode is all about suicide, and Danny to be a little more sensative and not just a badass. 
3. Possession
A creepy little film about a guy who may or may not have switched bodies with his brother and then is trying to mend things with his wife or sister-in-law.  I still haven't decided what was the real story here or not, which I guess is a sign that it does a good job at arguing either answer.
I have a whole night of enjoying myself and being creeped out. 

2 comments:

  1. Shame you didn't get to see the Rocky Horror Show. Was it a screening of the film or a stage show version?

    My wife, before I met her, went to see The Rocky Horror Show in a small theatre just off The Kings Road in Chelsea. She must have been about 18 years old at the time.I think the show had only just started in The West End. It hadn't been made into a film. Marilyn got dressed up in all The Rocky Horror gear and make up. She looked ,"frightful." Ha Ha! (That was a joke.
    Wild times.
    I remember them.
    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a screening, I believe. I really love the movie, though I'd like to see the stage version.
    That's so cool that she would see the show back before it was so infamous.

    ReplyDelete