Saturday, July 3, 2010

I Hate Being a Cliche

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping these last few months, more so than the previous months when I was still at school.
Part of it is stress.  Just thinking about all the things going on in my family makes me so upset.  I often get really angry while I'm lying in bed, when I have the moment to consider just how awful some particular thing was.
And then I think about friends I'm having issues with, and it's all I can do not to pick a fight, even if I have to call that person to have that fight. 
The last week or so, I've been playing this "music" of it raining and thundering.  As I've mentioned before, I really like this sound, and now that we're in a dry season, it doesn't rain much.  Sometimes this sound stuff helps me fall asleep, sometimes not so much. 
I got up around two yesterday, and played Solitaire on my computer.  I was hoping that would tire me out.  After losing four out of my six games, I realized no, that it wasn't helping.  I was sleeping and my game wasn't getting better.
And then I laid in bed, doing the tossing and turning thing.  God.  I hate being a cliche.
If you've ever had trouble sleeping, you know that it's awful, because you know what you want to happen, you usually fix things in your favor so that will happen, but still you're just waiting.  In my case, my brain accelerates at two hundred miles per hour and I can't slow things down.  Usually, my brain going this fast is a good thing, because it's part of what makes me a good student.  But it works against me too, since when I haven't had much sleep my brain gets sluggish and I say stupid stuff. 
Then, last night, my jaw started hurting.  Why is beyond me, as I was laying on my side (like I usually do) and, except for the sleeping thing, was fine. 
After a while, I must have fallen asleep.  Probably some time after three. 

2 comments: