Friday, July 9, 2010

Something Blue

I painted my toenails.  It's something far girlier than I would usually do, but I like them.  They're a really dark blue, and given that most girls my age paint their toenails something bright (especially in the summer), there's something very striking about them.
Usually, when I change something about my appearance, my mother disapproves.  When she saw them, I was pleasantly surprised, since she liked them too.  They're not perfect, which means I'm going to have to do another layer over it. 
My Dad noticed them too, as we were coming out of a shop.  He asked me if it was something to do with a character I was into.
As much as I am loathe to admit it, it does seem like something I would do.  I have been inspired by various characters to do things.  Scully from the X-Files inspired my current haircut.  Ten years ago, Hermione from Harry Potter inspired me to be as crazy about school as possible (with what seems like mostly positive consequences.)  In this case though, it was mostly me thinking that maybe I should try something new. 

No comments:

Post a Comment