Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Art Nerds and Cocoa Puffs

If you've been reading, than you've probably guessed by now that I am an art nerd.  I'm not very good at making art, but I do go out sometimes looking for things that are pleasing to the eye.  Sometimes those things find me.  Black Warrior Review has posted its entire archive, and I love the covers.   I'm torn between the neon-glo robot cover and the cover of the medicine cabinet, which makes me think of the cover for Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs, a book I first saw in high school when my friend Alex was reading it.  You'll notice this cover clear references the drugs and the cocoa puffs, but not the sex, unless you want to get all Freudian about it and interpret the spoon as a penis.  (Which is totally what Freud would do.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment