Sunday, March 28, 2010

Palm Sunday

Today, while in church, I heard a low thud. I turned around and saw that a young man had fallen into his father's arms, and, even though we were meant to be standing, they were sitting. I'm assuming he fainted.
I was with Sam, and she mentioned that she felt faint too. It was Palm Sunday, and it was incredibly crowded. I didn't feel any different than I normally do.
I don't know why, but it seems like I've witnessed a lot of people fainting and whatnot in church. One Christmas, when I was a kid, I watched a middle-aged man go down. He was in one of the back rows of the church, so I suspect not everyone noticed. Later on, I watched a priest go faint during his Eucharist ceremony, banging his head on the altar. I guess here would be where I venture a guess about the Holy Spirit or something, but I don't think that's what has ever happened here. It just seems like some scary thing that happens to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment