Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dreaming

I don't dream often, but today I was pleasantly surprised by one today. I was living and working at a bohemian home decor boutique. I lived in the attic, which was just a narrow room, with white washed walls and little room for a bed. It had one window, without curtains, and, because it was summer, it was always open, and the breeze meandered its way in all day.
In addition to selling fake flowers and fabrics and paint, we had a stall outside in front of the store where we sold vegetables. I worked with this handsome young man. He wasn't particularly tall but had dark brown hair that sat in tight curls on his head and dark brown eyes. I was almost as beautiful as him, with short dark hair, with thin blond highlights. We would stand near out hardwood stand, enjoying the sunshine. For some reason he loved me, though I couldn't fathom why.
My boss was this woman still in her thirties. She too, had short auburn hair and freckles. She was always eating. "Don't eat too much of my bread," she warned me. "I eat fifteen slices sometimes a day." It was perfect bread, the kind that is soft and has a slight flavor. In addition to running a store, she made candy treats, which I was trying to convince her to sell. "They would be a huge hit around here, and in Ann Arbor and-"
You know how dreams sometimes are.

No comments:

Post a Comment