Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bizarre Little Dramas

Again, I find myself dreaming so much more than I usually do. Last night, it was that there was some authoritarian government that decided to destroy a group of teachers, including Laura Prepon, who were trying to teach the truth. (What this was this truth? My dream didn't go into details, but I feel, based on most authoritarian governments, it was probably something that questioned their authority.) Laura and her beau are eventually imprisoned, and she finds out she's pregnant, and he eventually escapes (with the woman who betrayed him in the first place) and goes out into the woods to start again, totally ignorant of his girl and that all the other teachers are trying to save them.
When I woke up, I honestly considered going back to sleep to see if I could finish this story, because I often find if I fall back asleep I do pick these bizarre little dramas up again.
I'm also wondering what exactly spurred this particular dream. I feel like thoughts from the past week sort of congealed together into one thing. I just saw Prepon in a recent episode of House, and, last night, I watched a television program that discussed Budapest's House of Terror, this museum that explores Hungary under both Nazism and Communism, and I'm writing an essay on African education, so that accounts for the teachers.
Why can't I have dreams about boys I could actually have sex with? Or, more generally put, why can't I just dream about the same things everyone else does?

No comments:

Post a Comment