Thursday, April 1, 2010

Education Essay

My African history essay on education came back, and you’ll all be happy to know that I got an A-. It’s not as good as I’d like, because only a perfect score will please me, but it’s an improvement over the last essay in class.
The professor read from an essay outloud, and, for a second, I was scared it was going to be mine. When I was in the 7th grade, I had an English teacher who asked to read my papers to the class. I always said no because I felt uncomfortable, since people would know it was me. When I missed class to go to a dentist appointment, she read all the essays of mine she was saving. When someone quoted a bit to me later, my heart fell. It was something I knew I’d written.
This was a tough essay in some ways, and I’m a little annoyed I was marked down. You’re suppose to write an argument and use certain sources, which I did. She decided that I should have used one source where I didn’t, even though I still used cited sources. Grr. I still wrote a solid argument and did everything she asked.

No comments:

Post a Comment