Sunday, June 12, 2011

Staying at Karl and Jimmy's

I stayed with Jimmy and Karl a couple of nights, and I was grateful that those two boys let me stay with them.  I was hoping it wouldn't be awkward for them, and mostly, I think it was fine. 
I was shocked at how quiet Karl could be in the morning.  I couldn't even hear him.  At one point, I happened to open my eyes, and there Karl was, standing at the door.  I think maybe he thought I was freaked out by him watching me, so he closed the door quickly, kind of like when someone turns away fast because they don't want you to know they were staring at you.  Maybe he thought I would be angry at him for staring?  Honestly, if it was certain other boys, then yes, I would be, but Karl's trustable, and I saw how he was looking at me, and it wasn't filled with lust or a desire to control or anything. 
The only bad thing about staying with those two are the alarms.  Those were actually very loud.  (Karl had early classes, which made me feel terribly sorry for him, because I hate early classes myself.)  At one point, after an alarm went off, I said something really sarcastic to Jimmy.  I think I asked him something along the lines of "Are you trying to get up on time or are you trying to break the sound barrier?"  Jimmy just sort of vaguely mmph'ed at me, and possibly turned over. 
Both of them snore, which didn't surprise me because boys notoriously sleep on their backs and that encourages snoring.  It was incredible quiet snoring, though, for both of them.  If anything, it was like loud breathing, and I found myself a bit conscious about the fact I was sleeping in the same room with them.  But at the same time I was struck by both the intimacy and how peacefully nice it sounded.  It made me revel in how calm everything was.  I found myself thinking about how I need to get a boyfriend, because these soft noises were definitely something I could enjoy waking up to. 
One morning Karl got up before Jimmy and I and head out to a class.  Jimmy and I got up around the same time.  Jimmy left for class and I went out for a walk.  It was a beautiful day, and I put in my MP3 player and admired the day.  And then ran into Karl, which surprised me, because I expected him to be on another part of campus, given he's an engineering major.  We spoke briefly.  He asked me what I was doing and I said I was out enjoying the beautiful day, which it certainly was.  The sunshine was making me smiley.  I was unsurprised to see he had coffee.  I think he was impressed by my choice of music that morning, which happened to be punk.  When I pulled my earphones out, he could hear how loud it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment