Monday, June 13, 2011

The Bar Crawl, part 2

Near the end of the night, I ended up at a bar I was familiar with.  I sat with Carrie, Jonathan, Zack and Erin, who had found her way to us.  It was nice to sit and chat and steal food from Erin, who had made the mistake of ordering curly fries and saying we were welcome to have some. 
A professor I knew was in the bar at the same time, and he came over to say hi.  I think he might have been there with some other students.  (He was sort of holding court with them.) 
As I was leaving, I was having trouble putting on my coat, as I could find the arm hole.  When I finally put it on, I heard a ripping sound, but didn't really think anything of it. 
Carrie was nice enough to walk me back part of the way.  It was colder than I thought it should be, especially for this time of the year.  I shivered and regretted not bringing a warmer coat. 
Carrie and I parted way at a street light, her going on to her house and I turning so I could go back home.
When I got home, I was disheartened to see my coat had ripped in the back.  It had ripped along the seam, so it was fixable, but I was still annoyed.  I love this coat and how I look in it, and I don't really have anything else good to wear right now.  The only positive thing I could think of was that I hadn't paid much for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment