Thursday, December 30, 2010

Teena Marie

I hate to admit it, but I am not a music expert.  When I heard that Teen Marie died, I had no idea who she was. 


I like her work.  This is "Ooh la la la."  I would love to see someone do a cover of this song. 


The video for "Lovergirl."  I love the fashion that the Teena and her band are rocking.  I'd love to wear a flashy blouse like that and the guy wearing the leather pants is really rocking them. 
One of the other things I love Teena Marie for is not having a perfect body.  So many of the images of women we have are really skinny and for most women, achieving that look means being abusive of yourself.  I love that Teena Marie is proud of her imperfect body and that no one in these videos seems to hate her body.

No comments:

Post a Comment