Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Final Push

Things have been getting crazy in my life right now, so I might not be updating the blog as much as I thought, but basically, stuff is due, and I am doing the whole final push thing. 
I was on the phone with both of my parents Sunday night.  My Dad repeated the same things he always repeats to me, and my Mom was frustrated over my Grandma, so basically what happens every time I call them. 
With my Grandma situation, I feel bad, since I'm not there helping right now, even though mostly everyone would argue I was doing what I should be doing in being here.  But I still find myself feeling guilty for it, because my Grandma takes so much work, and my Mom ends up doing almost all of it.  I'm hoping in the next couple of weeks I get some time to help out once I go back home.  I still want to spend time with some friends, but I know I should use what time I can to be helpful. 

2 comments:

  1. Eliza, you sound great. I admire you for your empathy for your mum and your grandma.

    ,"the final push," thing. Yes,get it all done. It really is worth it.

    My eldest, Sam, when he found things difficult at university, I used to tell him about the barriers and blocks I've felt in life. You don't progress unless you go through that, "brick wall," so to speak.

    Have a great Christmas with your family if we don't hear from you for a while.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. I'm hoping that everything will go alright in the next week.

    You have a great Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete