Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Power Down pt. 3

My sister and I were not planning on running errands today, but we did.  First, we went over to the post office to pick up some stamps for things I needed to send out to friends.  (I know, I've been so busy I've neglected my usual round of snail mail.) 
After that we got some groceries, which went fine, mostly.  I keep expecting to run into people when doing groceries, though I couldn't tell you why.  This time I didn't see anyone.
After we came home, my sister and I had a heart to heart.  And then the power came back on.  (It had been out for part of the day.)  I was very grateful because, in addition to getting back online to post this, it meant I could listen to Wagner. 
Meanwhile, my sister attempted to bake something, but couldn't when she discovered we don't have vegetable oil. 
I texted Dan asking him a question about something he's an expertise on.  I waited around a bit for an answer, since he usually gets back to me quickly.  I watched a bit of tv and took care of some little housekeeping things.  I had dinner, read and took a shower.  Tori texted me that she wants to hang out tomorrow, so I guess that is something to look forward to. 
I was in the process of doing some writing and editing when the power went out, but it was out long enough that I feel like I am going to have to try to do it at night.  I'm a little annoyed, since I feel like everytime I sit down to actually do my work, something else gets in my way.  I find myself wondering how anyone can be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment