Sunday, December 19, 2010

Saturday Night with Friends and Family

Not that long after my last post, I got really bad news: my Grandma was in the hospital again, and this time she almost died.  (They asked what her legal situation was should that happen.)  Basically, she was unresponsive.  They think they overdosed her on Vicodin, which really annoys me because it says on her charts her kidneys are terrible.  My Mom was sobbing when she found out, and mostly, I really wish we'd taken her to another hospital, because, seriously, people at that place are deficient and incompetent.  I'm increasingly more impressed with my medical skills and I didn't actually go to med school. 
After that mess, Tori called asking if I wanted to grab dinner with her and Lisa.  I said yes, so she came over while I ran around getting dressed. (I spent all afternoon in my pajamas writing.)  We went out for pizza. 
Lisa updated me on her brother's life.  He's been doing volunteer work, and then after that he's going to join up with the army again. 
Lisa also took a psychology class on women, and she realized all this great feminism stuff.  I'm a little sad for her because she's just only learning now how oppressed women are, but maybe this class will make her more thoughtful and critical about gender. 
Tori's sister is pregnant with twins!  That's really awesome.  I am so happy for her.  (Her sister has been trying for around seven years.)  Tori went shopping with her for maternity clothes and she said that there was "slutty" maternity clothes.  Learn new things all the time.
When I got home, I took a shower, and by the time I got out, my sister was back.  She and I were planning on watching Eclipse because we both love Jacob.  Neither of us has seen it yet and I seriously hate so much of that franchise, but Jacob is the light in this cave of darkness. 
She wasn't sure we could watch it right away, because she was going to get some craft supplies with Mom.  Whatever.  Maybe I'll watch a horror movie or do some more writing, I thought.  I'm just glad for a little break and some time with people. 
So I went upstairs and did find myself working on writing again.  I put on some Christmas music to get through it.  (I never voluntarily listen to Christmas music!  What's wrong with me?  Something about this year has got me in the spirit.) 
As I was writing and listening to Christmas music, my sister poked her head in my door and told me not to come down.  I assume this means something was going on that they didn't want me to see.  Given this time of year, it means that there is some present that they don't want me to see.  I actually was thinking of going down because I was hungry, but I decided to wait a little longer, give them some time for whatever was going on. 
Dan and I were texting, and he called.  We spoke briefly.  I was hoping maybe we could hang out over Christmas break, but he says he's going to see family and won't be around. 
Finally, I went downstairs, where yes, my sister was wrapping presents.  I've volunteered to do her's, even though she says she's willing to do them as well.  She made them the ones she did look really nice. 
My Mom, my sister and I sat down to watch Eclipse, which we've never seen.  My sister and I are Team Jacob and my Mom doesn't care.  We've been having trouble with our DVD player for a while now.  Basically, the screen's image will just suddenly disappear and the screen will be black, but you'll still be able to hear the audio.  Since the entire point of watching this movie was to admire Jacob's hott body, this was not what we wanted.  I would troubleshoot it a little, eventually get the picture back, but we ended up pausing the movie around two in the morning because we were all tired. 
And now I am going to go to bed.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment