Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bad Morning

I was kind of trying to hold off, but I sort of need to rant about how crappy this morning was.
I really needed the sleep I got, and, honestly, I could have used more, but I had too much work to do.
I had breakfast alone for the first time in ages. I’m not complaining, I do like a lot of the people that I eat with, but sometimes it’s nice not to have to talk or listen. Plus, when I’m alone I tend to eat faster and get going on the rest of my day faster.
I could feel Preadad watching me from a few tables over. (This was partially my fault, because I sat right in front of her line of view.) She was sitting with some Spanish-speaking girls. I don’t know if she was staring at me because I was right there, or if she was mad at me (I had to go to the post office yesterday on a very important delivery, so I didn’t stay to have breakfast with her when she sat down just as I was eating my last two bites) or if she felt sorry for me. I spend a fair amount of time alone, and I don’t generally get lonely (maybe once or twice a year, under normal circumstances.) There are some bad moments in my life where I don’t want anyone around and other moments were I do, and usually I just go find whoever I need the few times I really need to talk to someone. And, moreover, I find Preadad annoying, so I honestly don’t want her around. So the staring was mostly irritating but I ignored it. It wouldn’t be the first time someone stared at me from across the cafeteria, though it might be the first time it was a girl.
The morning’s badness continued. My computer’s been making buzzing noises, and I’ve made several attempts to fix it and I’ve been patient, but today I nearly lost it.

No comments:

Post a Comment