Sunday, September 12, 2010

Medicine and Minds

Went to hang out at my Grandma's today.  It was mostly uneventful.  My Mom showed me how to give her breathing medicine.  Basically, my Grandma now needs to get hooked up to this device that puts a medicine into air and she breaths it in.  I'm not actually sure what it's for, but my Mom was giving me directions about it as I tried to eat my dinner and watch Criminal Minds.  "Can I eat my dinner in peace?" I wanted to ask, but refrained. 
It occurred to me (earlier) before my Mom was showing me this new kind of medicine, that I like Criminal Minds for a couple of different reasons, and not solely because of Dr. Reid.  I like that, even though the world is a dark and terrible place, all the characters on the show respect each other, and a lot of them have affections for one another.  There's something rather family like about them, and they sort of remind me of some of my groups of friends.  I also like how there are always literary quotes scattered throughout the show.
I think maybe it's time I learn how to use a needle.  My Grandma occasionally needs injections, and it's another way I could help.  I'm a little scared to use a needle, especially on my Grandma, who busies easily.  I don't want to hurt her (even accidentally) and she has a tendency to fixate on her bruises. 

No comments:

Post a Comment