Saturday, September 11, 2010

In My Face

I was working with Danielle, who I've worked with a couple of times before and is really nice.  Based on the last time we hung out, I had some questions for her about how the last few days had gone (since in that time she had classes and dates she was looking forward too.)  I didn't really mean to come up with a list of questions (the way Ryan does), but I realized about two minutes after she first came in that I did.  She's very talkative, which is nice, but I only got through a couple of my questions before two of her guy friends came in and wanted to hang with her. 
We were busy, but it was okay.  I spent my time wandering around, straightening things on the shelves and talking to customers.  I'm pretty good at remembering who I talk to, so I always make a point at going up to customers early on and asking if they need help finding something.  Most of the time they don't, but sometimes someone asks for something and I do my best. 
It was mostly uneventful.  Several young boys came in and reeked the window display so that it looked like several things were having sex.  I gave them my best school marm looks, and they thankfully left.  And then I fixed the display. 
Danielle was a little upset because she was afraid that she was going to have to work on her birthday.  She got a call from the boss while we were there that she could have the day off, and she was very grateful.  One of our other co-workers, Lucy, came in to see us, bringing Danielle a drink and her birthday present, a necklace with a bird on it.
"I love birds!" she exclaimed. 
Lucy brought a male friend with her who's name I didn't catch. 
"You're Lucy's boyfriend?" I asked while shaking his hand. 
"Oh, no."  Okay. 
Near the end of the night, one guy had this tendency to get right up into my face.  Later, I remembered Dan once complaining about my tendency to get up into his face.  He's the only person who's ever complained about that with me, but I think I understand now why it bothers him.  A lot of men do that to me, and it's a little creepy. 
He was one of the last people in the store.  (Fifteen minutes after closing!  For the love of God, please, leave!)  He asked Danielle at one point if she worked out.  He talked her ear off, and I wished he would just go.

No comments:

Post a Comment