Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Great Couch Heist

Sometimes something happens that leaves me very pleased with myself. 
My family has gotten a new couch, which means we were looking to throw the other one away.  It occurred to me that my beloved Dan would want it for his new apartment (which he sharing with another friend, also named Dan.  Suffice to say, I will be calling them The Dans from now on.)
Dan isn't he town, so he sent his Dad to pick up the couch.  We waited for him to come in the house, working on various projects.  When I went outside and discovered the couch was gone, I was afraid someone else had taken it. 
Luckily, Dan's Dad had gotten it, but was apparently too shy to knock on our door.  So he asked the neighbors for help.
The best part of this?  Dan owes me, apparently.  He really doesn't, but I like to take advantage of things.  So I told Dan that he just has to let me sleep on that couch when I come up to visit. 
I actually don't have any definite plans to come, but I want to because I am missing everyone so much and because all this talk about being back in school makes me feel like I am missing something.  So, you know, I'm waiting for an excuse over here, people.  Anytime. 
I feel like we should give this couch a name.  Couchy? 

No comments:

Post a Comment